Medically reviewed by Sophia Yen, MD, MPH – Written by Jacquie C
If you’ve left your house at all in the past few weeks or so you would know that markets all over are rapidly running out of supplies. When a virus is spreading around and you want to make sure you stay unaffected you mainly have two options:
1. Wash Your Hands or
2. Carry Around Hand Sanitizer
Hand sanitizer is convenient to carry around, especially in large public areas where it might not be easy to find soap and a sink. Well, unfortunately, hand sanitizer is a hot item at the moment and is nearly impossible to find; but fear not, as there are other ways to create your own DIY hand sanitizer!
Fortunately for us, creating our own DIY hand sanitizer is more possible than you may think. You just need a few materials to make it happen!
Remember, it’s important to NOT use any industrial cleaning products that are heavy duty such as bleach or Clorox for your hand sanitizer. Using these products can be very damaging to your skin even if they are extremely watered down!
- Rubbing alcohol (preferably Isopropyl Alcohol) 99% alcohol volume or Ethanol
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Essential Oil of your choice or none at all
- Green Tea
- A Recycled Hand Sanitizer Bottle OR Just Any Bottle
- Start off by pouring ⅔ cups of rubbing alcohol into a bowl.
- Then add ⅓ cup of aloe vera gel and mix the two together.
- Then, add about 8-12 drops of your choice of essential oils to cover up the alcohol smell.
- Mix the oils with the aloe vera gel / rubbing alcohol combination thoroughly.
- After, grab a funnel and pour the mix into a bottle of your choice and– Voilà!– you have created your very own hand sanitizer!
- Now you won’t have to travel around in fear of not finding a sink nearby.
“Always have in hand:
Hand Sanitizer AND Birth Control!”
As important as it is to carry around hand sanitizer, especially during this time, it’s equally important to make sure you carry around your birth control! These are two essential elements you should always carry around with you to ensure that you are not only keeping your hands clean, but also to ensure that you stay on track with your birth control schedule.
If you aren’t using Pandia Health yet, make sure you sign up to #SkipTheTrip to the Pharmacy each month. Avoid unnecessary infectious risk (from waiting in line) Pandia Health provides FREE Delivery and automatic refills ALWAYS with Free goodies like hi-chew, chocolate, tea, and other fun stuff!
Support the ONLY #Womenfounded, #Doctorled birth control delivery company.
The above information is for general informational purposes only and is NOT a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your doctor/primary care provider before starting or changing treatment.